Terms & Conditions
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Both the Client and ourselves have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused Services, shall be refunded.
All Orders Should be Checked and Reported within 7 Days upon receiving, Disputes on orders will only be processed if reported within 7 Days
of receiving the order. If the order has NOT been reported within 7 Days NO disputes will be considered.
Order Cancellations will only be considered within 7 Days of Purchase
Correctly Supplied orders will be charged with a minimum of 15% handling fee
All Special Orders may have a 100% Cancelation Fee.
If any of the products had any shipping Costs involved the shipping costs will also be deducted from the Refund amount, Shipping Costs will
include Courier Fees, Collection Fees and Delivery Fees and any other Logistics Costs
All orders that were placed with the products "In Stock" at time of placing the order will be refunded in Full if the Client paid via EFT or Cash.
Any Orders processed via the Merchant Machine (Card Machine) will have a 2.8% transaction Fee Charged to the Clients Account if the order
has been cancelled
All items returned for a cancelled order must be in their original condition unused and in their original undamaged packaging, accompanied with the
Till Slip, Tax Invoice, Online Invoice for us to Process your cancellation Request.
If any of the Above criteria are NOT met we will not process ANY Cancelations of any orders.
Exchanges will only de done within 7 Days of purchase date, All items must be tested within this 7 Days window period to avoid dissapointment
Faulty items returned for exchange after this 7 Day period will be repaired not Exchanged
All Shipping costs to and from our store will be on the clients account, this will include Courier Fees, Postal Fees, Collections and Deliveries
All items returned must be in their original condition unused and in their original undamaged packaging, accompanied with the
Till Slip, Tax Invoice, Online Invoice for us to process your Return.
Refunds will only be done within 7 days of purchase with all items in their original condition and in their undamaged original packaging, accompanied with the
original Till Slip or Tax Invoice or Online Invoice, we will NOT Accept Coppies
The shipping costs of returned items will on the Clients Costs to and from our Shop, including any special shipping arrangements made
All Refunds will be done Via EFT once Approved by the Company Director.
We do NOT offer any Cash Refunds.
Processing Time on Refunds will take up to 14 Business Days from date of Cancelling of the Order and with all the Products returned to us in their Original Unused condition in their undamaged original packaging
Access to Our Shop
Our Shop make use of CCTV Cameras that Monitor and Record 24 hours a Day 7 Days a Week, be aware that you are recorded if you enter our Shop or if You pass By our Shop
We do give the recorded Video's to the SAPD and the Centre Management in case of an Incident
The CCTV Recordings remain the Property of Elexco (Pty) Ltd unless otherwise stated in Writing
Right of Admission is Reserved
We also make use of Bright Flashing Lights for Advertising and Demonstation purposes
Please Note that NO STOCK WILL BE RELEASED if the Payment Doesn't Reflect in our Accounts !!!
If You want to do an EFT and you want your Items on the same Day, you will need to make an "Imediate Transfer" so that the payment Reflects in our account on the Same Day.
All Special orders will require FULL payment upfront.
Warranty approval can only be decided by our service department, it may take up to 14 Working Days for a Decision to be made.
As testing needs to be done.
EXCLUSIONS TO WARRANTY
1. Should a teardown reveal the presence of “white” sulphation – the obvious result from inadequate charging the
claim will be disallowed.
2. Low Electrolyte Levels. There are only three ways that a battery can lose electrolyte.
2.1 A hole or crack in the casing and the electrolyte leaks out.
2.2 Overvoltage during the charge process either by the regulator failing on the alternator or by the use of an
unregulated battery charger. Most modern battery chargers are micro processor controlled, are very simple to use,
are safe to be left connected to the battery for long periods of time and are inexpensive. The use of Automatic ,
“ intelligent “ battery chargers are encouraged , especially on sealed batteries and will in fact enhance the
life of a battery with regular use.
2.3 If a battery has been left discharged for a long period of time, the sulphation process inhibits the charge
process. It causes a build up of heat as a result of high resistance. This causes the battery to gas and results
in the subsequent loss of electrolyte through the breather, which is calibrated to allow the gas to escape, to
prevent the battery from exploding. In some instances, should the charge rate be too high, then the condensation
chamber might not have the capacity to process the high volume of hydrogen and oxygen and the battery can
2.4 NOTE: when a battery charger is connected permanently to a battery, (E.G. standby or back up application), then
only a CONSTANT VOLTAGE CHARGER may be used. If not, the battery will lose electrolyte due to gassing.
3. DAMAGED CASINGS AND BROKEN TERMINALS. Physical damage in any way to the battery is not a factory fault.
3.1 Always check that terminals are tight. Loose terminals are a common problem which causes arcing or flashing and
results in the terminal or post being burned off.
3.2 The same situation when a vehicle is being jump started with jumper cables. Ensure that connections are tight and
3.3 When attaching cables to the terminals, do not over tighten. When using the thread type terminal the maximum
torque permissible is 18 – 20 Newton metres.
4. Full data logging will be required for batteries used for Solar, Standby, Backup and Telecom applications with
the following details from installation date:
(a) Site Temperatures
(b) Charging Parameters (Volts, Amps, Temperature)
(c) Discharge Parameters (Volt, Amps, Temperature)
(d) Inverter/UPS Loads (KVA, Watts, Volts)
(e) Inverter/UPS Parameters (Charge/Discharge Values)
NOTE: If data cannot be supplied for these specific applications warranty will be void.
5. Battery temperature exceeds 71°C
Conditions of Warranty:
1. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the equipment and is non transferable.
2. This warranty does not cover any physical damage due to nature or man, which stresses the battery beyond design
limits, and is void if manufacturing date codes are destroyed.
3. Each battery must be the proper size, design and capacity for its intended application at 25゜C
4. The warranty period shall be adjusted based on operating temperatures, frequency and depth of discharge. For every
10 ゜C increase in operating temperature above 25 ゜C, the warranty period will be reduced by 50%.
5. Each battery must be operated and maintained in accordance with the published instructions. This warranty is
invalid if the battery is subject to misuse, abuse, physical damage, freezing, neglect, or the use of battery
Elexco (Pty) Ltd shall not be liable for, and user shall indemnify and save Elexco (Pty) Ltd harmless from any
claims and liabilities arising out of the use, maintenance, transportation, or installation of any equipment
warranted hereunder. The foregoing limited warranty is in lieu of all warranties expressed or implied, including
any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Elexco (Pty) Ltd shall not have any liability
for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages.
6. A battery will not be considered defective unless it fails to deliver 75% or less of its quoted capacity during
the guarantee period.
Any Faulty Item that needs te be repaired needs to be returned to our Shop at Ben Fleur Boulevard
If the item needs to be collected or Repaired on site charges will apply to the clients account, This will also apply to items under Warranty
EXCLUSIONS TO WARRANTY
1. The Fridge/Freezer unit transported on its side (Fridge/Freezer unit may not be tilted more than 15 Degrees from the upright position)
2. If the outer casing is not in its original undamaged untampered condition
3. If any type of Glue or sealer has been applied to any part of the Fridge/Freezer Unit
4. If the Fridge/Freezer unit has been exposed to voltages outside the range of 0 to 28VDC
5. If any Electronic Equipment or wiring has been moddified/Removed or evidice of tempering has been found